I am currently accepting requests for book reviews. I am open to inquiries and requests for reviews by established publishing houses, agents, self-published authors and small or independent publishers.
I am interested in receiving review requests for books in the following genres:
- All subgenres of SFF fiction
- Horror – most subgenres but nothing overly gory or torture-focused
- Historical fiction
- Speculative young adult fiction (though I won’t rule out contemporary)
- Speculative middle grade fiction (less interested in contemporary fiction for this age range)
- Short fiction collections or anthologies for any of these genres.
I’ll also consider mystery/thriller, literary fiction, adult contemporary/general fiction, graphic novels and comics, humour, and some non-fiction titles for adults (mostly science, history, politics, memoirs and languages).
Examples of books I particularly like are listed here.
I really DON’T read:
- Romance and erotica (including paranormal romance)
- Children’s fiction for ages under 8
- Children’s nonfiction
- True Crime
- Sports fiction
I accept review copies in both e-book (Kindle/.mobi) and paperback formats. I am also open to considering other formats such as epubs or audiobooks, but please contact me to discuss.
I follow Goodreads’ standard 5 star rating system:
No rating – did not finish
1 – Did not like
2 – It was ok
3 – I liked it
4 – I really liked it
5 – I loved it
I don’t use half stars in order to keep my ratings consistent across platforms.
I aim to review most books within one month of receiving them, however, this may vary depending on current real life and book-life workloads. I will notify you upon accepting your request if the review turnaround time is anticipated to be longer than one month.
Right to decline requests
Unfortunately I am only one person and cannot commit to reviewing every book that I receive and may, in some cases, have to decline to requests to review books.
No guarantee of review
Reviews are not guaranteed. I do not commit to reviewing every book I receive and acceptance of a request to review is not a guarantee of a review. By agreeing to receive an advance copy I agree to consider it for review and no more.
- I give all books at least 50 pages.
- I commit to providing an honest review which may critique the novel. By agreeing to review the book I do not guarantee a positive reviews.
- I aim to give fair reviews and to justify my concerns or criticisms of a work. Any negative feedback is not a reflection on the author, but only my subjective opinion
- For examples of my reviewing style please see my previous reviews here.
- I am based in Australia – please ensure you can ship to Australia if you are considering contacting me regarding reviewing paperback or hard copy books.
- If the book you are requesting for review is part of a series I will ask that you send copies of the previous books as well, if I have not already read them.
- My book reviews vary from 300-800 words in length and average around 400-500 words. Each review will include the book cover, a rating, a critique or review of the work, related links (e.g. purchase links) and a book trailer if applicable.
- I endeavour to time my review releases to coincide with release dates, however this is not always possible.
- I will endeavour to respond to all review requests, including letting you know if I’m not interested in receiving a copy of a book to review at this time
I’m open to discussing all of these options, however, I do ask that appropriate notice is given for requests for any of these. Please contact me if interested.
Please see my contact page to get in touch.